Saturday, May 19, 2018

This week at the library; or, now it's hot and humid. Ugh Summer.

Happening this week at the library
  • Monday
    • Worked 12-8
  • Tuesday
    • Trikathon
    • Worked 9-6
  • Wednesday
    • Worked 10-5
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies
    • 1st grade field trip
    • 2nd grade field trip
    • Book Explosion
    • Worked 10-6:20
  • Friday
    • Middle School Madness
    • Worked 2-6
  • Saturday
    • Worked 10-2
Last programs and small field trips are this week - next week the big field trips begin. This is a new thing I'm trying this year, getting the kids to visit the library instead of doing short booktalks at school. We'll see if it makes a difference. Last year we had an author visit and I didn't really visit the schools at all. Our numbers did drop a little, but there were other factors in play.

I've finished all the summer reading materials, sent out numerous emails to teachers, worked on setting up the field trips, am almost done putting together all the prizes and activity kits, and am sorting through a huge bounty of donations. Also dealing with the regular detritus - lost and damaged items, maker kits that need refilling, paperwork, budgeting, etc.

I still have to actually plan this summer's programs, like the I Survived party, make sure I have all the supplies for the maker workshops and art storytimes, and I should probably finish my picture book weeding before it gets delayed another year!

No comments: