Saturday, April 21, 2018

This week at the library; or, Eric Carle week

My 5th grade homeschool volunteer face paints a
student from the special education school at the
Eric Carle party.
Happening at the library
  • Monday
    • Worked 12-8
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
    • Eric Carle party
    • Worked 8:30-4:30
  • Thursday
  • Friday
    • Sewing Machine Maker Workshop (last of series)
    • Middle School Madness
    • Worked 12-6 (came in early to set up my new laptop, so I wasn't totally working and I wasn't supposed to anyways...)
  • Saturday
    • Worked 10-2
It snowed, rather heavily, over the weekend. I am saving my complaints for how hot it is in summer though! Then it snowed again on Wednesday, but I am truly grateful that the weather delayed until after the big Eric Carle party! We did have a smaller group - maybe 175-200 instead of 250-300, but that's actually closer to what our building can accommodate, so it's all good... You can see pictures from Eric Carle at the library's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ElkhornLibrary/

Professional development
  • WEBINAR: Using Movement for Optimal Development and Early Learning (Early Childhood Investigations - Gill Connell)
    • I really liked Connell's Smart Steps book. I think this could be useful in our early childhood programming, especially Winter Wigglers and other movement-based programs.
  • WEBINAR: Middle-grade reading, Spring 2017 (Booklist)
    • Yes, this is old. I am using these to prep for my pre-summer programs at this point.
  • UWM online course (Anna Palmer): Pop-up libraries
    • This is a two week course, started last week.

No comments: