Saturday, October 28, 2017

This week at the library; or, Goodbye October

What's happening
Managers' meeting on Monday, on Tuesday I found out I have to move a bunch of stuff in the basement - bittersweet since, on the one hand, the basement REALLY needs to be cleaned on the other...omg I just organized it in August! *sob*. Another small group at Messy Art Club. I'm continuing the after school clubs through May, but then I'm doing something else for the summer and will re-evaluate for the fall. An average of 20-30 people isn't bad, but it's not what I've been getting in the past. Very enthusiastic 1st graders - they played our five senses/guessing game and picked out books. For the first time in I can't remember how long, I did NOT have to haul stuff around in the basement! Because I made one of my aides do it all on Wednesday and Thursday... My staff and I shifted books mostly. I can see clearly the sections that need filling out in nonfiction now - I'm still going to need to weed more picture books though. When we change to neighborhoods in 2014 I had 4,000 titles. Now I have close to 6,000 and circ is slowing because it's so crowded! I went over to Health and Human services at the end of the day - my school colleague invited me to join in a county wellness initiative that's planned for May. I think this will tie in with our garden plans and possibly Library on the Go.

No comments: