Saturday, August 26, 2017

This week at the library

What's happening
  • Monday was the final eclipse madness. I took the day off (totally coincidentally - I had forgotten at the time that there was an eclipse) and my associate got stuck with the activities and madness. She's leaving in a week so won't have the opportunity for revenge for this...
  • I no longer have words for the rest of this week. It's all gone crazy. We now only have one hamster.
  • I spent the rest of the week
    • Planning book clubs
    • Cleaning stuff off my desk
    • Getting ready for the new staff
    • Planning other programs
Reading Explorer

I'm also working today and I haven't had a moment to breathe. Computer problems, plugged toilets, reader's advisory, never-ending stream of people. We're busy! A partial list of Saturday...

  • At least an hour or more spent dealing with the printer
  • Microfilm and local history resources
  • Reader's advisory for teachers - middle school, 4K
  • Searching for a missing video game that's gotten screwed up in the catalog
  • Men's bathroom issues
  • Dealing with fines and other issues as the Librarian in Charge
  • Helping patrons with the copier
  • Helping a patron with a reference question
  • Is the new Gifted movie based on a book? After some search, the answer is no
Also still working on book clubs, filling displays, tidying the children's area, reviewing schedules and work for next week, and more.

No comments: