Saturday, June 10, 2017

This week at the library; or, Summer Week One

After the initial anxiety, it was a really relaxing (and tasty)
clay program, with all my book club friends!
Happening this week
  • Monday
    • Read with Pearl
      • First day of opening at 8:30am M-F.
      • I'm sick. I worked at home and then dragged myself into work around 3. Blah.
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions)
    • School outreach visits (kindergarten, first grade, third grade)
    • 2nd grade community walk field trip
      • Well, I did tell a couple hundred kids that Shannon Hale wrote Babymouse, but otherwise I survived. I'm still sick. I split the 66 kids into two groups and had my teen aide supervise them in decorating community helpers as well as "fishing for fun" crafts and choosing book cards. I also cut the tour short and took them through the basement and the new gardens as requiring less talking. My head hurts, but it was worth it.
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
    • Lego Club
      • School officially ends today. The weather has been really nice (if you like warm, sunny, and full of pollen) and we only had 5 people at Lego Club! A far cry from a few years ago when the pool was closed and we had 90...
  • Friday
    • Maker Workshop: Clay
      • I was so tired and out of it that I was surprised when people showed up at 3:30 - somehow I had it in my head that we didn't start until 4:30! I had also neglected to check how much clay we had, but, thankfully, only half the people signed up came and we had enough. It was a delightful group, mostly my book club attendees, and we all had fun.
Notes
  • This year about 80 kids signed up the first week after Memorial day. By the second week (Friday) we had about 200 kids and about 40 teens. School officially ended on Thursday, June 8.

No comments: