Monday, February 20, 2017

Nonfiction Monday: Space Explorers: Space Stations by Jenny Fretland VanVoorst

I've been looking for new space technology books for the past few years, ever since I weeded most of our titles from the 80s (please don't ask me about the 90s). Unfortunately, it seemed like space had had its moment and no new titles were being published.

So I was delighted to see this new series, focusing on space technology, from Pogo. I was sent Space Stations for review and it was exactly what I've been looking for. In a few chapters the book covers the basic definition of a space station, several historical stations, and the International Space Station. There is a glossary, index, and activity in the back.

The series includes titles on rockets, satellites, rovers and spacecraft. It's intended for grades 2-3 and has a limited amount of text and lower level reading but enough information to interest the reader.

Verdict: If, like me, you are looking to update your space section this series is just right.

ISBN: 9781620314135; Published 2016 by Pogo/Jump; Review copy provided by publisher

No comments: