Saturday, January 7, 2017

This week at the library; or, New Year, New Books!

some of the contents of my new
STEM discovery kit
Happening This Week; Projects and other exciting things
  • Monday we were closed. I delayed programs another week to give us time to thoroughly prep. So we prepped and did many important things.
    • Met with school librarian and then did a super quick promo of books and library services at teacher staff meeting- I promoted several publishers; National Geographic, Charlesbridge, little bee, and Millbrook/Lerner. I got a good response from the resources I sent out - new teacher cards and a big bump in easy reader circ already!
    • Finished various end of year reports
    • Worked on a series of Facebook posts promoting our juvenile series (beginning chapter) books. I plan to schedule them weekly all year.
    • I ordered many things, ranging from books to movies to puppets to supplies.
    • Much discussion of teen area and furniture. I think we have a potential plan!
Professional Development
  • Youth Services Workshop - I have actually found technology I am in favor of adding to the teen area - ozobots and possibly bloxels. 
Reader's Advisory
  • Character education books for a beginning reader, turned out to be an adult with developmental difficulties. I gave them our old titles, which I hope to replace soon with new books from Free Spirit.
  • Llama Llama Red Pajama, I want my hat back, Dragons love tacos, What pet should I get, Pout-Pout Fish, Wonderful things you will be (Winfield)
  • Harold and the Purple Crayon - missing
  • Yo-Kai Watch - the manga
  • Duck for President
  • Spot by Eric Hill (I think they are out of print)
  • Bone
  • Superhero movies with Flash
  • Easy readers at various levels for a teacher

No comments: