Saturday, November 26, 2016

This week at the library; or, Holiday Week

What's Happening
  • Monday
    • Third Grade Field Trip
    • It was a busy day. 75 third graders came - it was rather last-minute and our teachers understood that we weren't as prepared as I prefer (have I mentioned our local teachers are pretty awesome? They are.) We took the kids in groups and showed them on the projector and screen how the catalog works, talked about the differences between a school and public library, then on a tour in the children's area, then set them free. They browsed and checked out books. Then we had a staff meeting. Then I did my evening desk shift. It was busy and crazy (but not crazy busy).
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Pattie)
    • I came in long enough to cover the children's desk during toddler storytime and basically make lists of all the stuff I have to do when I get back, and then I was off at 2! I went to Walmart. It was exciting.
  • Wednesday
    • I had today off not because of the holiday but because of all the extra hours I worked at the beginning of November!
  • Thursday
    • I don't really celebrate holidays. I enjoy being by myself and getting things done!
  • Friday
    • Our library is also closed on Friday. Yay!
  • Saturday
    • My turn to work Saturday! It was quite busy.

No comments: